If you or a loved one received healthcare services from MedNax, Inc. and/or Pediatrix Medical Group or one of their partner facilities and wish to join this litigation as a potential lead plaintiff, please complete the attached documents (click here) and return to our office by mail, email or facsimile.
The law firm of Federman & Sherwood is the first to file a lawsuit against MedNax, Inc. and Pediatrix Medical Group with respect to possible violations of state and federal consumer laws for a data breach incident that was announced on or around December 16, 2020 through a Notice of Data Security Event that was sent to impacted patients.
MedNax and Pediatrix announced that a data incident occurred involving unauthorized access and copying of their patients’ highly sensitive personal and medical data. The information that was compromised includes the following:
- Patient contact information (including patient name, guarantor name, address, email address, and date of birth);
- Social Security number, driver’s license number, state identification number, and/or financial account information;
- Health insurance information (payor name, payor contract dates, policy information including type and deductible amount and subscriber/Medicare/Medicaid number);
- Medical and/or treatment information (dates of service, location, services requested or procedures performed, diagnosis, prescription information, physician names, and Medical Record Numbers); and
- Billing and claims information (invoices, submitted claims and appeals, and patient account identifiers used by your provider).
MedNax and Pediatrix are headquartered in Sunrise, Florida and partner with over 3,000 facilities and physicians across the United States of America.
If you want to discuss this action, obtain further information and participate in this litigation, or should you have any questions or concerns regarding this notice or preservation of your rights, please contact Tiffany Peintner at email@example.com. (Facsimile: (405) 239-2112)